Talega of San Clemente Frequently asked Questions
Talega of San Clemente Frequently asked Questions
Talega of Sale San Clemente FAQ
How many Homes are there in Talega of San Clemente?
Presently the current master plan shows just under 3,900 at 3,860 residential units with an estimated population just under 12,000. Return to FAQ
What schools are located and available to Talega residence?
Vista Del Mar School Elementary serves grades K-5 and Vista Del Mar Middle School serves 6-8. Vista Del Mar is part of the Capistrano Unified School District and opened August 27, 2003. The primary entrance to the school is from Calle Portofino with a bus drop off and pickup area is located off of on the North side of Avenida Talega. Return to FAQ
Are there any apartments available in Talega of San Clemente?
Yes, there are approximately 362 apartments in The Pinnacle I and II that were built at the end of Pico Avenue. These are available on both long and short term. The leasing office can be reached at 888-394-7763.
Additionally there is the Medocino Apartments with a total of 186 units. The leasing office can be reached at 949-262-7589. Return to FAQ
Is Talega a gated community?
No, however there are 4 gated neighborhoods within Talega. Careyes, Catania, Lucia, and Vittoria. Faux gates are located at Avenida Talega & Camino Vento Fuerto and Calle Saluda & Avenida Fresas. There are no manned gates in Talega. Return to FAQ
Does Talega of San Clemente have any Parks?
- Liberty Park, Tierra Grande and Talega Park are three public park owned and maintained by the City of San Clemente, within the community of Talega.
- Liberty Park is located off Calle Saluda by Avenida Talega. The park includes 2 baseball fields, a soccer fields, two lighted tennis courts, lighted basketball courts, a kids play park and tot lot, picnic area and restroom facilities.
- Tierra Grande Park is located at Avenida Talega and Tierra Grande. Just off the entrance is an Aquatic center with junior olympic pool. The park includes 2 baseball fields, a soccer fields, a kids play park and tot lot, picnic area and restroom facilities.
- Talega Park is located at Camino La Padriza & Corte Cristianitos. This park has a basketball court, a soccer field, a baseball field, and a kids olay park, tot lot, along with a picnic area and restroom facilities.
- Parks maintained by the Talega Maintenance Copration are;
- The Aquatic center with junior olympic pool at the entrance to Liberty Park. The Aquatic center with junior olympic pool at the entrance to Tierra Grande Park
- Altea Park is located at the top of Calle Atea. 1.9 acres with tot lot and grassy play area. Corte Trabuco near Talega Park. Pacifica Summit Park. Portofino Park. Sansol/Mirador Park. Lucia Park.
The Talega Swim and Athletic Club which includes:
• A 6,000 square foot clubhouse with reception area, offices, kitchen, Screening room, and library/meeting room.
• Junior Olympic style lap pool as well as a resort style pool and fountain play area.
• Sand volleyballcourt
• Sport court for tennis, roller sports and basketball.
• Exercise room Return to FAQ
Does Talega of San Clemente have any Pools?
- The Aquatic center with junior olympic pool at the entrance to Liberty Park.
- The Aquatic center with junior olympic pool at the entrance to Tierra Grande Park.
- The Junior Olympic pool and Resort Pool at the Talega Swim and Athletic Club.
- The neighborhoods, of Alassio, Carmel, The Gallery, Santalana, Trinidad, and Verano have pools and spas specific to their projects. Mendocino Apartments and The Pinnacle Apartments. Return to FAQ
What is the Tax Rate for Talega of San Clemente?
Current information is available at the Orange County Tax assessor web site. The Property Tax Base is approximately 1.0%. Return to FAQ
Does Talega of San Clement have Mello Roos?
There are 3 Community Facility Districts (CFD’s) These are slightly different from neighborhood to neighborhood. The Tax rate for the Mello Roos ranges approximately $1.05 to $1.79 per foot of gross living area of the home.
Additionally there is a special tax district.
- R5 was authorized to fund the construction of the Vista Del Mar School Facilities. The initial tax was 0.3784 in 2006-07 per square foot GLA of improvements. The special tax rates escalate 2% annually for the duration of the bonds. These bonds are scheduled to mature in 2031. This special tax may not be levied beyond the 2041-2042.
- R6 was authorized to fund the development of the roads and bridges facilities and additional school facilities in Talega. . The initial tax was 0.6675 in 2006-07 per square foot GLA of improvements. The special tax rates escalate 2% annually for the duration of the bonds. These bonds are scheduled to mature in 2033. This special tax may not be levied beyond the 2044-2045.
- Q3 was authorized to fund the development of the Rancho Santa Margarita Water District infrastructure in Talega. The initial tax was 0.7373 in 2006-07 per square foot GLA of improvements. The special tax rates escalate 2% annually for the duration of the bonds. These bonds are scheduled to mature in 2033. This special tax may not be levied beyond the 2038-2039. Return to FAQ
Do Homes have a transfer or resale fee?
Yes, Talega Lifestyle Corporation (TLC) transfer fee. First time TLC fees are 1/8 of 1% of the home sale price. Resale TLC fees are 1/4 of 1% of the home sale price each time the home is sold. These fees are required to be collected and paid to TLC at close of escrow. Return to FAQ
Does Talega of San Clemente have an HOA with HOA dues?
Yes, Talega Maintenance Corporation (TMC) operates as the Homeowners Association and provides for maintaining community recreation and common areas. Membership is automatic and includes a monthly homeowners association fee (HOA Dues). There are additional assessments the condominium neighborhoods and for gated neighborhoods. Refer to www.talegatoday.com for further details. Return to FAQ
How much open space is there in Talega of San Clemente?
Over two-thirds of Talega remains as open space. Which is made up of The Talega Reserve, Talega Golf Course, The public and private parks and trails, designated open space as well as Vista del Mar school. There are a total of 3,510 acres, which includes the 1,172-acre Talega Reserve. Return to FAQ
What is Nob Hill in Talega?
Nob Hill is located just West of the Montellano and Cantabria neighborhoods. The Hill summit is 760 ft. above sea level. With access from many trails and paths leading seating area at top with 360 degree panoramic views. The area has been re vegetated with coastal sage scrub to help recreate the habitat for the gnatcatcher which is an endangered bird. The U.S. Fish and Wild Life Service restricts access to trails and viewing/seating areas, intended to prevent disruptions to gnatcatchers. Talega Maintenance Corporation (TMC) owns and maintains this area. Return to FAQ
What is the Talega Nature Reserve?
The Talega Nature Reserve is 1,172 acres that have been set aside for the preservation of natural habitat for a variety of plants and animals. Funding of $11 million was set aside by the previous owner of Talega to maintain the nature preserve. The reserve is owned by the Rancho Mission Viejo Company and is managed by the Donna O’Neill Land Conservancy. It is located adjacent to the easterly boundary of Talega. Return to FAQ
Is the Talega Golf Club Private?
Talega Golf Club is privately owned and managed and is open to the public. The course was designed by Fred Couples and Schmidt-Curley golf course architects. This is a Par 72 Championship 18-hole golf course. A Practice range is located off La Pata. Talega Residence have been offered discounts on various golfing packages over time. Return to FAQ
Is there a shopping Center in Talega?
Talega has a village shopping center With a Ralphs, and Wells Fargo. Some of the restaurants include; Sun Dried Tomato’s, Inka Mama’s, Ballpark Pizza, Las Golondrinas, Panera Bread, Barnoa Wine Bar, and Peets Coffee, . Please visit www.talegavillagecenter.com to see more information online. Return to FAQ
Does Talega of San Clemente have a business or Industrial Park?
Yes. The Business Park is approximately 67 acres. Containing approximately 700,000 square feet of office, light industrial and R&D uses. Some of the businesses include a medical plaza with an urgent care facility, orthodontic offices, a spa company, day care businesses, a packaging company, food distribution companies and other manufactures. Return to FAQ
Where is the closest fire station to Talega?
Fire station #59 is located along the west side of Avenida La Pata, south of Avenida Vista Hermosa. The telephone number is 714-573-6000. Return to FAQ
San Clemente, CA